Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Bib Game

So as my Magoo is getting older he is developing little games. The rules are undisclosed and full participation is expected. Unfortunately for him, I keep trying to change the rules on him. The latest game we have been playing is "The Bib Game". I place the bib on him before every meal and about 2 minutes into his oatmeal, he decides to reach back there and rip off the bib. I say "no" and replace said bib and he smiles and looks into my eyes with his big blues and does it again. We go a few rounds and I think this is great for his coordination and vocabulary because now he is learning what "no" means...but is he really? Or is this part of the game? Early in the rounds of The Bib Game, I had to change the bib because the little fishies on his bib would distract him from the task at hand..."eating". I purchased solid colored bibs for yum yum time! Well, I suppose a 6 month old figuring out Velcro doesn't take long because it wasn't too long till we started with our bib tug of war. So the new wrench I have thrown into the game is a slide button, solid color rubber bib by Tommee Tippee! NO VELCRO to pull off and no distracting fish! Let's see what the next round of the Bib Game will entail!


No comments:

Post a Comment